Friday, April 4, 2014

April's Chatterbox

new specs!
It's April, my dear fools! Quite April. April fourth, or something, isn't it? I missed a good "here we go round the mulberry bush and gathering nuts in May' sort of opening to the month, but I'm here now. Truth to tell, ever since my older brother moved away to Leesburg, I haven't felt much like playing April Fool's tricks. I'd never noticed that I actually helped him with his machinations instead of making up my own. Huh. Anyway, the start of a new month also means the start of a new Chatterbox topic! I'm so pleased to see more and more writers participating each month. It makes such a better splash when you have writers in all genres from all corners of the blogging sphere. Perhaps one of these days I'll actually do something with it myself instead of leaving all the work to you. Haha. Oh, before I announce the topic, I wonder, how many of you are doing Camp NaNoWriMo? I am not--Heavens, I'm not!--but I would like to publicly raise my non-existent cap to you and say that you are jolly good fellows and I hope you meet your goals. Huzzah huzzah. I, for one, am finding the editing of Anon, Sir, Anon going slow as a snail jogging through wet concrete, so that is a very big cap-tipping.

April's Chatterbox topic is going to be:

Resurrection

Oh jolly. What do I mean by that? Do I mean the Crucifixion and Resurrection? Perhaps. Do I mean someone you thought was dead that reappears at an extraordinarily inconvenient moment? Do I mean the resurrection of old fears, or perhaps long-dead hopes? Spring is a beautiful time of re-birth, new life, and things-that-were-dead coming alive. I want to see you play this in a dozen different directions. It could be the up-sweeping of a long-dead custom, the revival of an old feud, the thawing of a long-icy relationship, the discovery of a hidden secret. So many possibilities. I cannot wait to see what you come up with. In addition to the topic being interesting (and appropriate for the month), it is a topic that ought to fit somewhere in every work in progress; though life is ever-changing, there is a rhythm to it just like there is a dance to the seasons and a pattern to the winds. Find that pattern in whatever way is most vivid, and bring your "resurrection" for the rest of us to read! Per usual, the link-up is below! 
Little stones are smooth
only when the water passes through
So I am a stone,
rough and grainy still
trying to reconcile this river's chill.
-Mindy Gledhill "River God"

1 comment:

Carmel Elizabeth said...

What a topic! I can't wait to jump on it. :)